Fiber Foods That Help You Lose Weight
Hello, welcome to Losing Weight With Pat. Eat More Fiber. We all have heard that before. Time and time again. Hey, but it’s true. We should eat more Fiber. It’s known to be very healthy. Very, Very, Very and Very healthy.
Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes can all be found in dietary fiber.
Soluble fiber is a type of fiber dissolves in water to form a gel-like material. This will help to lower blood cholesterol and glucose levels. You can find this kind of fibers in foods such as oats, peas, beans, apples, citrus fruits, carrots, barley, and psyllium.
Insoluble fiber is the type of fiber promotes the movement of material through your digestive system. Whole-wheat flour, wheat bran, nuts, beans, and vegetables.
After I tell you about the benefits of Fiber, I will give you a list of foods that contain Fiber. These are the ones you need to throw into your shopping cars.
The Best Fiber Foods ( My 20 Favorites)
- Almonds–If you are looking into snacks. Get some Almonds. You can easily add this to your diet. If not for a snack, maybe drop some into your yogurt and oatmeal. Almonds have 15% of the Fiber you need. There are 3.5 grams per ounce. Also, Almonds are a great source of magnesium and iron. Which, most people don’t get enough.
- Blackberries–Blackberries are another great fiber tasting food. You get 7.6 grams per cup. Besides fighting off certain diseases, Blackberries have more fiber than most other fruits. Also, they contain 50% of the day’s vitamin C, which helps lower your cholesterol levels and boost heart health. You can add these to your salads, blend them into a smoothie or just eat them like they are. They are great for a snack.
- Baked Acorn Squash–Squash has 9 grams per cup, cubed. Researchers at Arizona State Univerity said that the body uses the nutrient to form muscle and blood vessels. So, that they can even boost the fat-burning effects of exercise. So you can eat a sweet side dish. Just take the seed out add a little butter, cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup. Bake for an hour at 400 degrees.
- Split Peas–Split Peas have 16 grams of Fiber. That is for one cup, cooked. This comfort food is great when it comes to fiber They taste great. You can put these babies in your stews and soups.
- Broccoli-With Broccoli, you get 5 grams of fiber in 1 cup. So, you see, you don’t have to eat much to get your daily intake. You will get 1 gram for every 10 calories. You can eat them in a salad or boil them or eat them with ranch dressing. They are great tasting.
- Kiwi–Kiwi is another great fiber food. 2 medium sized Kiwi has 4 grams of fiber. Besides losing weight, eating 2 kiwis each day for four weeks can decrease unhealthy fats in the blood that have been linked to heart disease.
- Banana+Dark Chocolate-Believe or not, yes these as a combination. You will get 4 grams of your needed fiber with just 1 banana and a little bit of Dark Chocolate. The Dark Chocolate has a one-two punch of fiber and antioxidants. This offers anti-inflammatory benefits. You can melt the chocolate and drizzle it on your banana.
- Refried Beans-Just a half cup of refried beans have 6 grams of fiber. Refried beans are great to flavor your Mexican diet. But make sure it’s a good one. Stay away from fat pork. Go the vegetation route and spread this on a taco or tostada.
- Beets-1 cup, steamed of Beets have 4 grams of Fiber. Beets have more than a few health benefits besides helping you trim down. They have cancer and heart disease fighting betalains. Slice and serve atop a green salad and enjoy.
- Kumquats-Just 5 of these and you will get 5 grams of Fiber. These are little itty bitty fruit. They are just like a mini size orange. This pops them into your mouth. Better yet, add them to your fruit or vegetable salad for a tart touch. Doesn’t that sound good?
- Artichokes-1 streamed of Artichokes will give you 10 grams of Fiber. Artichokes, besides losing weight, help keep things moving through your digestive tract. You can stuff your Artichokes with quinoa, tomatoes, and herbs.
- Grapefruit-To gets 4 grams of Fiber, you will only need to eat 1 medium Grapefruit. With Grapefruit, you don’t need to eat that much to fill full. Grapefruit can be a great detox to clean up your body. Eat it for a snack.
- Blackberries-1 cup of Blackberries will give you an amazing 8 grams of Fiber. When you get the seeds stuck in your teeth, think of it this way. Think of them as mini nuts that boost the fiber content. These beauties you can eat for a late night snack.
- Pears-1 medium-sized Pair has 6 grams of Fiber. Lose weight by snacking on these. But whatever you do, do not shed the skin. That is where you will get most of your fiber from.
- Avocados-Avocados have 8 grams of Fiber per half cup. Even though it has 17 grams of fat it will keep your hunger under control and satisfied. Plus, it has the healthy kind of fat. A recent study found that people on a high-fiber diet lost just as much weight as people on a calorie-reduced diet. So don’t worry about the fat content in Avocados. They are still great.
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts-I cup of Roasted Brussel Sprouts are loaded with 4 grams of Fiber. Load up on this for a side dish with your main meal.
- Black Beans-Black beans have 15, yes 15 grams of Fiber in just a half of cup. Whole food Fiber sources are and could be nature’s diet pill. Fiber has 0 calories and it expands in y0our stomach making you feel full. That will help with weight loss. You can put some in your salads or mashed and put in your tacos. Yummy, how good is that.
- Shredded Wheat Cereal-1 cup of Shredded Wheat Cereal will give you 9 grams of your daily Fiber. These taste great. The way to eat them with as a snack. Eat this high fiber cereal with nonfat Greek yogurt and berries. You will want to eat this again and again. YUMMY.
- Pistachios-49 Pistachios have 3 grams of Fiber. You will get more pieces per serving than with any other nut. You have to shell the suckers, it will slow down your snacking. So snack on these beauties throughout the day.
- Apples-1 medium apple will give you 4 grams of Fiber. Who does not like applies? They are delicious. Besides being a great snack for weight loss, Applies can boost tooth strength. They help keep your pearly whites white. So boost your overall health with these.
This is just 20 of the greatest foods that contain Fiber. There are a lot more. Get started eating these. Most can be eaten for a snack.
Benefits Of A High-Fiber Diet
Having a High-Fiber diet have several benefits to your health. This is why you should be thinking about getting Fiber in your diet.
A high-Fiber diet can normalize bowel movements. It can help you maintain bowel health. Also, can lower your cholesterol levels. It helps control blood sugar and aids in achieving a healthy weight.
How much Fiber do you need? You might be asking yourself this question.
For men 50 or younger. You should get 38 grams of Fiber. If you are 51 or older. You should be getting 30 grams. So you can see, the older you get, the less you need.
For women 50 or younger. You need 25 grams of Fiber. For women 51 or older, only 21 grams. So, as you see, women don’t need as much as men.
My Final Words
That’s it. Fiber. Get on a high Fiber diet. Not just to lose weight, but to keep your body clean. You can find a lot of great foods with Fiber in it.
If you need any help, I mean any help on knowing which kinds of foods you should be eating, come to me. I’m always glad to help you.
Losing weight does not have to be hard, it can be a way of life. Don’t starve yourself to lose weight. There are great ways to lose weight and I will find them for you.
If you have any questions or comments, I want to hear them. Give them to me. I reply to all comments.
Thank you and