Hello, welcome once again to Losing Weight With Pat. Where you will learn about the Dash Diet.
Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. That is what the Dash on the Dash Diet means. What is the Dash Diet you might be asking yourself? The Dast Diet is a Dietary pattern to control and prevent hypertension.
The Dash Diet consist of fruits, Vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy food. The foods you can expect on the Dash Diet are as follow, meat, fish, poultry, nuts, and beans. also, is very limited in sugar-sweetened foods and beverages, red meat, and added fat.
So you get all the nutrients and minerals you need. The Dash Diet will help you cut down on so much sodium as well.
Studies have shown that those with hypertension dropped by 11 and 6, respectively. So besides losing weight, this diet will control your blood pressure.
What To Eat On The Dash Diet?
When on the Dash Diet you need to cut your calorie intake. That is what this diet does. I’ll give you examples of the servings a day you should be eating on the 2,000-calorie-a-day Dash Diet:
- 6 to 8 servings a day of Grains-This includes bread, cereal, rice, and pasta. Focus mainly on whole grains, they are rich in fiber and nutrients.
- 4 to 5 servings a day of Vegetables-You got to have your veggies. Some of the veggies include tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and greens. These
and other vegetables are high in fiber and minerals.
- 4 to 5 servings a day of fruits-We all love fruits. They are juicy and taste great. Fruits are another food that is high in fiber. For the most part, fruits are low in fat.
- 2 to 3 servings a day of dairy-The food include milk, yogurt, cheese and some other dairy products. The good thing is that you can find a lot of dairy products to be low in fat. That is the key to eating these products.
- 6 or few servings a day of lean meat, poultry, and fish-Lean meats can still be pretty high in fat, so you don’t want to make this an everyday source. Eat more fish.
These are just a few of the food groups that you will be eating when on the Dash Diet. Gives you an idea of what you will be eating. You will never have to worry about cutting down on foods you eat today. You just need to cut your portions down. That is what the Dash Diet is all about.
If you drink alcohol you should really cut back if you are on the Dash Diet. Alcohol can cause high blood pressure. Men should cut back to 2 or 3 drinks while women should cut back to 1 or 2 drinks.
The Dash Diet For Weight Loss
If you are trying to lose weight though and you are on the Dash Diet, you should try and eat about 1,600 calories instead of the 2,000 that the diet requires.
If you want to try the Dash Diet you can do it slowly:
- Change slowly-If you don’t eat the servings a day that this diet requires, you can slowly increase the servings as time goes by. For example, you can add an extra
a serving of fruit to a meal a day. So goes with the other servings you should be getting.
- Reward yourself for success-When following this or any diet and you are succeeding you should give yourself something. Rent a movie or buy something that is non-food.
- Forgive slip ups-Where all human so slip-ups are bound to happen. Just forgive yourself and move on. Continue you Dash Diet.
- Add or increase you physical activity-Start doing some exercise or some other physical activity. Besides that lowering your blood pressure, it will help you lose that much more weight.
- Support-It always helps you get your spouse, friend or close family members involve. Having people encourage you tell you that you are doing a great job is a way for us all to stay motivated. Not just in losing weight but for any goals, we set for yourself.
Just follow these easy steps and you will be on your way to a healthy you. Think healthy thoughts and it becomes a habit for you.
Resources On The Dash Diet
I’m gonna give you a few resources for you to learn more about the Dash Diet. Also, this will help you get on your way and do it right:
The Dash Diet Weight Loss Solution
This book can teach you that in two weeks you drop pounds, boost your metabolism and start feeling healthy. It has 16 chapters with great information. This book will help you get on the Dash Diet wagon.
It’s divided into 4 parts, that way it makes it more organized and easier to read:
- Developing your own Dash Diet Solution
- The secret of the Dash Diet Foods
- The Healthiest Diet, How it keeps you Healthier
- Setting the Stage for Success
If’s feel with the kinds of food you should be eating. Also, this plan will put you on a daily meal plan. There is a place to set your goals. You will have more success by setting weight loss goals for yourself.
You can get the Kindle version for $9.99. The hardcover, if you like reading books is only $13.25. This is a must for anyone trying to lose weight. Give it a try and see if this is for you.
365 Days of Dash Diet Recipes
Anyone trying to lose weight and likes to cook then this is a must. You can cook something 365 days year if you want to. This book consists of-of 7 chapters with tons of information. You will find out what the Dash Diet is and the benefits of it. Also, you will get tips on the Dash Diet and tips for food shopping.
The last chapter is where you will find the recipes This is what you will get:
- Dash Diet Breakfast Recipes
- Dash Diet Appetizers And Snacks
- Dash Diet Lunch Recipes
- Dash Diet Dinner Recipes
- Dash Diet Slow Cooker Recipes
- Dash Diet Desserts
- Dash Diet Drinks
On top of that, you will get Holiday Recipes. So you can cook for any occasion. Check it out if you get the chance.
So if you have tried everything else, and it has not worked then I would advise giving this a shot. There are plenty of information out there about the Dash Diet. Check them out and see the reviews. Most of them will be positive.
If you check out the 2 books that I recommend and it doesn’t fit you then browse other books or information. Amazon has tons at your fingertip. If you need my help in any way or have questions please I would love to hear from you.
Again thank you for visiting Losing Weight With Pat.